Meet:Rico IdrisClinical Psychologist- Adolescent & Adult
About Rico Idris
Rico is a Psychologist specialised in providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). He is experienced in working with adolescents & adults from a variety of cultural backgrounds and across a range of mental health conditions. Rico’s experience has been built largely from working within the government health system in the Netherlands, as well as private practice.
As a CBT therapist, Rico offers a calm, judgement-free therapeutic space built on a foundation of empathy, compassion and a genuine interest to help people. Clients can expect a collaborative approach, whereby together they navigate the complexities of thoughts, emotions, and behaviours, set goals, and take action. Whilst change requires effort and persistence, Rico empathises that therapy can be a challenging process for the client, invoking feelings of discomfort and distress. Rico is committed to his clients, in both motivating them to achieve their goals and to be with them on the therapeutic journey; guiding and supporting them along the way.
Beyond his role as a therapist, Rico has served in an advisory capacity for various organisations and government institutions on youth mental health. His role as Vice-President on the youth council for the municipality of Rotterdam created a platform for him to raise awareness of mental health concerns and advocate for young people to receive the help they need.
He has completed research on child & adult community outreach programs and specialised in a distinguished university program focused on optimizing mental health and performance in children, adolescents, and adults. Rico's expertise in this area led him to co-develop implementation programs, ensuring the effective delivery of mental health support to the community.
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders (Phobias, panic, social anxiety, generalised anxiety, excessive worrying, health anxiety)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma / PTSD
- Body Image concerns
- Self-esteem and identity problems
- Behavioural difficulties
- Adjustment disorder
- Motivational Interviewing
- Diagnostic and treatment for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Applied Psychology, University of Applied Sciences, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Clinical Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Advanced training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Systems Therapy training
- Relationship/Interpersonal Therapy training
- Schema informed therapy
- Trained in Psychodiagnostics, with focus on ADHD.
- Registered member with quality mark of the Dutch Institute of Psychologists (NIP)