Meet:Dr Jamie StephensonConsultant Counselling Psychologist- Child, Adolescent & AdultDr Jamie is Licensed by The Community Development Authority (CDA), holds Chartered membership with The British Psychological Society and is a Registered Practitioner with the HCPC (UK)
About Dr Jamie Stephenson
Dr Jamie is highly skilled, experienced and qualified psychologist, who completed a doctorate in counselling psychology in the UK. Jamie is a chartered member of the British Psychological Society and registered through the HCPC.
Jamie has worked in a variety of settings in the UK including a child and adolescent mental health service, specialist eating disorder service, private practice and occupational health psychology service. He has also worked as a university lecturer and taught on masters and doctorate level counselling programmes. He is experienced in working with children, adolescents, families, couples and adults.
Jamie use's a variety of approaches such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), person-centred, psychodynamic, and Solution Focused Therapy. He also has specialist training in EMDR and Schema Therapy. He works in an integrative way which means that he uses the most appropriate methods and approaches that are most relevant and suitable to peoples needs.
Jamies approach is warm, compassionate, empathic and collaborative. He believes that one of the most important aspects of counselling is creating a collaborative and non-judgemental environment where people can feel safe, open and secure to explore the challenges, difficulties and issues in their lives. Jamie is committed to providing high quality clinical work and therapy in a thoughtful, compassionate and ethical way.
In addition to providing therapy, Jamie also provides clinical supervision to other therapists and healthcare professionals as well as executive coaching. He is experienced in providing consultancy to businesses, schools and organisations in regards to mental health and well-being issues.
- Anxiety disorders (Panic, social, generalised, separation, health anxiety, OCD)
- Trauma / PTSD
- Anger problems/ temper control
- Depression and mood disorders
- Self harm and suicidal ideation
- Eating Disorders including Bulimia, Anorexia and Binge Eating Disorders
- Body image issues and Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Developmental disorders such as ADHD and ASD
- Personality Disorders
- Divorce or family breakdown
- Parenting support
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Self-esteem problems
- Corporate/Life Coaching
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, Teesside University (UK)
- Masters in Psychology, Nottingham Trent University (UK)
- BA Hons Youth and Community Work, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- EMDR trained to practitioner level 3
- Schema Therapy trained to practitioner level
- Certificate in High Performance Coaching
- DBT training
- Advanced Clinical Supervision Level 3 (BPS accredited)
- Chartered member of the British Psychological Society
- Registered practitioner with the HCPC, UK